Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Nom Nom Nom

I probably shouldn't have started my weight loss journey during Local Restaurant Week.

Rob (the hubby) and I are like [fat] kids on Christmas during restaurant week.  We study the list of places for weeks, searching for somewhere new to try.  Then we read, and re-read each offering, trying to figure what food sounds the most delicious.

We can't settle for one visit, we must plan multiple outings during this week.  Because with these deals, it's a sin not to take advantage of a $20 gourmet meal or a 2 for $20 burger and beer deal.

Last night we ate ridiculous amounts of sushi at our favorite Japanese place. Tonight we went out with two of our closest friends to try a steak and seafood place.

These are the days that are toughest. I can still go out and enjoy dinner with my husband and our friends, but I need to keep my goal in the back of my head. I should be opting for veggies not a loaded baked potato. I need to start with salad with balsamic vinegar, not chunky blue cheese dressing. I should also pair it with a glass of water, not a bottle of wine.

Might not be a bad idea to start the workout portion of my weight loss plan this week too....

The Good: Healthy breakfast and to make up for dinner calories.
The Bad: Restaurant week makes life difficult.
The Pounds Lost: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment